What is not covered in the policy?
This website may include links to content provided by other companies. These companies have their own privacy and cookies policies, so any information you provide to them will follow their policy and not ours.
Types of personal information we collect
The type of personal information we collect depends on which pages you visit on the website.
We might ask you for the following personal information:
- Contact data, such as, first and last name, email address, phone number, address and job role.
- Profile Data and access including your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and other selected companies and your communication preferences
We automatically collect some information from the device you use to connect to our website, such as:
- Technical Data, such as, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, browsing history, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Location data, for services with location-enhanced features
How personal information is collected
We use different methods to collect personal information about you.
We obtain personal information from you:
- through your interactions with us and our services including:
- Filling in forms;
- Corresponding with us by post, phone, email;
- Downloading materials like whitepapers and Flooid research reports;
- Registering for an event;
- Request information or call us for support (please note that we may record or monitor our telephone calls for compliance and quality assurance purposes)
- through your system/device/ cookies/similar other technologies.
- As you interact with our website our servers, logs and other technologies automatically collect system/device and usage information.
We also collect personal information including Technical Data about you from third parties such as:
- Google Analytics
- Publicly available sources such as public websites, open government databases or other data in the public domain, to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance the services.
- By acquiring data from approved 3rd parties of Flooid; namely Martec International Limited (https://www.martec-international.com/) and IHL Group (https://www.ihlservices.com/)
How does Flooid use my personal information?
We must have a valid reason to use your personal information, known as ‘legitimate interests’. Sometimes we will ask you for permission, but other times we don’t ask permission if the law says that it’s OK and it won’t conflict with the rights that you have.
More detailed information about these legitimate interests is set out below.
- to administer our relationship with you, our business and our third-party providers
- to deliver and suggest tailored content such as news, research, reports and business information. We analyse the way you use our services and use the information to update our website and make it more user-friendly.
- to contact you in relation to, and conduct, surveys or polls you choose to take part in and to analyse the data collected for market research purposes
- to provide you with marketing
When will Flooid contact me?
We deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms such as email, and online. We will ask you to explicitly opt in to receive marketing from us.
Honouring your marketing preferences is important to us. We will tell you how to opt out of receiving marketing in every marketing communication we send you.
Even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications by email, we may still send you service communications or important transactional information related to your accounts and subscriptions (for purposes such as providing customer support).
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Contact and Profile data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased services from us and you have currently agreed to receive marketing.
You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when websites set or access cookies. If you disable cookies, then the website will continue to function as normal however you may see more news panel popups than if you had cookies enabled and also to download whitepapers you will need to resubmit the whitepaper form.
How we share personal information
We may share your information for the purposes set out in this policy, with the following categories of organisations:
- Flooid companies/affiliates
- business partners with whom we deliver co-branded services, provide content, or to host events, conferences and seminars
IT Focus (www.itfocus-tm.com )
- law enforcement
- ICO (https://ico.org.uk/)
Companies that provide services to us are not allowed to share or use personal information we make available to them for any purpose other than to provide services to us.
We will get your permission before we share your personal information with any other company for marketing purposes.
We share your personal information within the Flooid. This may involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area as Flooid is a global organisation and your personal information may be stored and processed outside of your home county, including in countries that may not offer the same level of level of protection for your personal information as your home country. We only transfer your personal information to companies outside the EEA when we are satisfied with their level of security.
How long we keep personal information
We will only hold your personal information while we are doing the activities that we told you about or have a valid reason to keep it up to a maximum of three years. Valid reasons may include that we must keep it to avoid breaking the law.
We will design our processes so that we do not keep your information for any longer than we have to.
Your legal rights
Data protection regulations put you in control of your personal information.
Elements of the regulations give you the right to
- request a copy of your information
- request correction to your information, or inform us that is wrong, or request deletion
- withdraw consent that you have previously given or to request that we only use your information for some activities and not others
Sometimes we may not be able to help with your request, for example if the law says that we cannot or we have a continuing legitimate interest.
If you want to contact us to use any of these rights then please send an email to email@example.com or please write in to the following department and address:
Data Protection Office, Data Protection Request, PCMS House, Torwood Close, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8HX, United Kingdom
- Please be specific if you need anything in particular, as we might be able to find it for you more easily.
- Please do not send any payment when sending a request as in most cases we will not charge a fee.
- Please tell us how you would like us to contact you when we respond the request.
We will contact you using the details that you have provided as soon as we have any questions or answers for you.
We will follow a procedure to validate your identity as part of a Data Protection Request. We will require proof of your identity which will be transferred and stored in a secure manner and only kept for the duration of the Data Protection Request after which it will be fully destroyed. We reserve the right to maintain an audit log that we have validated your identity recording which documents of yours we have validated.
How to contact us
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk ). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
This document has been classified as PUBLIC. The information contained herein is therefore not commercially sensitive. This classification permits this document to be shared internally and externally, strictly in accordance with Flooid’s Information Security Classification Policy, audited and certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013.